I'm looking for people who's going to actively work on resolving bugs and problems as well make sure we have all the latest packages versions in the KDE repository. Part of the work requires working closely with KDE upstream as you'll be filing bugs and patches upstream as well as applying upstream patches to our packages. We try to stay as close as possible to upstream and I don't expect too many problems from this work.
Standard Exherbo benefits includes:
- The very cute Exherbo mascot (yes, even as a frequent contributer you can use Zebrapig any way you like as long as you respect the Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike 3.0 license)
- Verbal abuse from Ingmar Vanhassel and myself every time you screw something up
- Your 15 minutes of fame spend on a relatively small open source project
- You get to pick your own theme song as long as you keep it yourself
So stop being so lazy and step up to this monumental task now :)
Oh, you also get a few other minor things of course..
- Get to hang around some very cool and friendly guys (collectively known as the Exherbo contributors)
- Learn way more about packaging problems in Linux distributions than you ever wanted to
- Move up the hierarchy of open source developers due to your contributions, often helped by other Exherbo contributors
Please contact kloeri (myself) or Ingmar in the #exherbo-kde channel if you're interested in helping and we'll figure out how to get you involved in the KDE/Exherbo work.